Monday, 8 April 2013
Reminder of research question, statement of significance and contribution to knowledge
Statement of significance
1) The complementary written words and final digital piece will go beyond being novel in their reworking of traditional artistic embraces, and focussing on the seen and also the unseen dimensions within the moment of an embrace,
2) The tensions will be revealed between digital and traditional means of making art, and the ultimate realization utilising both methods,
3) The project focusses on epistemological narrative in terms of the journey of writing and creation in which the process has unforeseen outcomes, re-creating the self,
4) The project pushs the boundaries of A/r/tography through the use of current interactive web based technologies.
5) It celebrates the necessity of human touch as an archetypal emotional need.
Contribution to knowledge
1) It will push the creative and conceptual boundaries of past historical expressions of an embrace.
2) The project contributes to knowledge in its rhizomatic relations across the visual expression of the emotional physical and spiritual aspects of ontological perception, via a location that frames a contemporary and political antipodean context.
3) The combined creative component and exegesis will compare and contrast the philosophy of divinity and resonance in terms of aesthetic design and love energy, and contrast it with the beauty of un resolution in a chaotic world of flux and change.
4) It will visually frame how transient chaos operates and relates under universal laws of resonance symbolized as phi, its relationship to God as macroscopic and the ‘God-Self’ as microscopic,
5) The narrative and creative component will explore the constant re-invention of the self via living inquiry in terms of reconciliation in the first person and to the broader universe.