Wednesday 24 April 2013

Combining two people hugging visually from a photo

I'm very excited to commence the visual representation of two people hugging and looking into the process of how the interactivity may appear.

Here in this following photoshopped image you can see how I have isolated myself and the person I'm hugging in order to be able to ultimately engage in the interactivity of 'turning aspects on and off' within the final design.

I was struck by the feeling of isolation when you see only one person isolated in the embrace. It reminds me of the shared nature of an embrace, how it is dependant on two people.

There is self love. then there is love with another person, and I think this image illustrates that point very soundly.

The feeling of transience with relationships strikes a chord too, with the middle image of the second person being transparent. How many people who do you engage with in this way over a lifetime?

The journey of having different people in your life is part of the fabric of a persons unfolding narrative.

This image, a still from what is intended to be the interactive component, talks of unfolding narratives of people over a lifetime, and their sometimes transient nature. The fact that I am the main protagonist helps with rendering the self in terms of narrative.









No comments:

Post a Comment